Sun Life Financial of Canada
Sun Life Financial is a leading global financial services organisation with 150 years’ experience. We provide a diverse range of wealth accumulation and insurance products. You'll find us just about everywhere including Canada, US, UK, Hong Kong, Philippines, Japan, Indonesia, India, China and Bermuda.
In Ireland, Sun Life Financial is based in the vibrant city of Waterford in the sunny South East. Currently employing just under 400 people, our Waterford office provides Software Development, Business Administration and Technical Service Desk support to Sun Life employees in English and French on a 24/7/365 basis. Sun Life Service Desk was awarded Best Technical Support Centre in the Irish Contact Centre and Shared Services awards in 2014 and 2015, along with Best Shared Service Centre in 2016.
As well as being an award winning Service Desk, Sun Life Ireland was placed in the Top 50 Places to work in 2012, and has proudly been recognised by Chambers Ireland in the Corporate Social Responsibility awards for our work within the community.
Service Desk Operations Manager
Reporting To: Service Desk Senior Manager
We are excited to announce that we have a vacancy for a Service Desk Operations Manager to join the team.
We are looking for an Operations manager with 3-4 years’ experience managing dynamic teams. If you enjoy challenging tasks and developing individuals and teams, operating within a high performance culture, then please read on.
Overall Purpose: The role of Service Desk Operations Manager is to develop, lead and motivate a team of Service Desk agents to deliver excellent technical support with outstanding customer service. They will oversee the day to day operation of the Service Desk working closely with frontline service providers to ensure that they have the resources needed to perform their duties efficiently. Ensure that all incidents and service requests reported are recorded and monitored. Ensure that the Service Desk is meeting its Service Level Agreement (SLA) commitments.
- Manage a team of Service Desk agents along with your Service Desk Coach.
- Ensure prompt, accurate status and feedback of all incidents and service requests to customers and management.
- Monitor SLA compliance.
- Ensure that Service Desk Agents have the resources needed to resolve as many incidents and service requests as possible.
- Develops and maintain Service Desk procedures based on ITIL best practices and ensures that procedures are followed.
- Work with Service Desk Senior Manager to monitor and evaluate the performance of Service Desk and staff.
- Work with Service Desk training to develop training plans for Service Desk agents.
- Ensure correct staffing levels maintained: plan rosters; approve & schedule annual leave; arrange sickness cover and shift breaks.
- Provide leadership, motivation, coaching and development to all team members
- Provide Service Desk back-up in emergency situations, including call taking, absence cover etc.
- Resolve daily issues of a complex scope that impact the team and overall business objectives.
- Maintain a high level of employee morale within the team.
- Undertake new service and/or continuous improvement projects on an on-going basis.
- Adhere to/improve all internal and customer quality standards.
- Cover Service Desk On-Call on a rotation basis.
Minimum: IT/Business Degree. Ideally, MCP/CNE & ITIL v3 Foundation.
3-4 Years people management experience with proven track record of delivering on objectives and focus on customer service.
Experience and skills:
Experience working in a bilingual multi-channel environment including Phone, chat and email
Experience working within a high performance culture
- You bring a customer-based view to all interactions
- You demonstrate responsiveness, accountability and dependability – in good times and in bad
- You can identify changes in Service Desk performance quickly and be able to define the problem and provide solutions to in order to lessen the impact on the Client, SD Agents and KPIs.
- Pre-empt issues that may impact business results and be able to implement strategic measures to counteract those.
- Approach problem issues with a calm and reasonable manner with a factual and unbiased approach
- You are a quick learner and find technical queries easy to solve and look for alternative methods of solving issues
- You support the team to solve problems by creating the right paths to achieve goals, removing obstacles and barriers
- You empower people to make decisions at the level where work is done
- You have high expectations and hold people accountable for results
- You set stretch objectives
- You have a continuous improvement mind set, and dedicate time to improve your work
- Energetic and bias for results based action
- You approach tasks and objectives with a results-focused mind-set and see mistakes as opportunities to make things better.
Leadership and accountability
- You take personal responsibility to do the right things for the business, your customers and each other.
- You directly observe your team (you “go see” where work happens) and ask knowledgeable questions to drive continuous improvement
Reward and recognise beneficial outcomes
- You value ideas, experimentation and continuous improvement
- You recognize and reward the contributions of individuals and teams
Building the best teams
- You are rigorous in hiring and developing your team
- You provide balanced feedback and coach your people in real-time
- You share resources across teams and leverage team members’ strengths
- You are adept at secure, building, trading or exiting talent
Essential Skills: Team Building skills, People Management skills, Customer Service and continuous improvement skills, excellent communication skills, and Problem solving skills.
Attributes: The ideal Operations Manager should be a quick learner, decisive; they should have the ability to motivate themselves and others and the ability to multi-task and be a creative problem solver. They should be ambitious and a natural desire to enhance their people and business performance.
Bilingual – French/English – An advantage but not essential.
CV's should be sent to Aoife.Keane@sunlife.com