Role Title: Open24 Customer Service Manager
CF/PCF Status CF8
Reports to Senior Service Manager
Business Unit Group Operations
Career Family Leading Through People
Career Profile People Manager
What is the purpose of this Role?
The purpose of the Customer Service Manager is to lead, manage and motivate both customer service agents and team leaders. Support the department in the achievement of all key contact centre performance metrics. Constantly seeks ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the service team. Deliver sales results through maximisation of the service plus agenda. Demonstrates a clear commitment to risk management and ensure the department is compliant and ethical in all we do. Be a customer advocate and ensure that all customer voice and digital service interactions result in conversations that add value by meeting both customer and business needs. Embrace new ways of doing things and support our Omni-channel approach for customers across phone, online, mobile, social media, and web-chat.
Which jobs(s) does this Role report to?
Direct line reporting:
• Senior Service Manager
Which jobs(s) and the number of staff reporting to this Role?
(Indicate direct, indirect and dotted line reporting)
Direct line reporting:
• 6-8 Assistant Managers
Indirect line reporting:
• 12-15 Customer Service Agents per Assistant Manager Team
Fitness & Probity
This job is a controlled function as defined by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 Regulations 2011. Any appointment will be conditional on the company being satisfied that the appointee meets the requirements as set out in the Fitness s and Probity standards issued by the Central Bank. This requires the company to complete prescribed due diligence to assess the appointee’s fitness and probity. Further details on this due diligence process are available from HR.
1. Accountabilities for your role - what are you expected to do?
• Achievement of Service Levels and call abandon rates. Full use of daily MI to effectively manage both Assistant Manager and Agent performance.
• Constantly review business processes, procedures and call analysis to ensure that best in class practices are being adopted to improve efficiency, effectiveness and customer experience.
• Actively support Senior Manager with our Migration strategy and develop increased presence across digital and social media channels.
• Deliver on Service Plus targets across all products. Ensure all direct reports are meeting tagets and contributing to overall department and business targets. Devise and implement local initiatives to focus and improve overall Service Plus performance.
• Ensure that the customer is at the centre of all business decisions affecting the service team. Ensure the voice of the customer is collected and acted upon. Achievement of call quality and NPS targets.
• Effective complaint management and support of the complaints team in line with Consumer Protection Code (CPC) requirements.
• Actively support Right First Time principles and drive first contact resolution.
• Support customer conversations across all contact centre channels.
• Lead, motivate and coach the service team to deliver business results and ensure that a high standard of quality is maintained on all calls.
• Manage and lead change requirements effectively.
• Managing communications to the team during periods of change.
• Ensuring that all staff are continuously developing through access to training and coaching on the job. Actively encourage and promote completion of QFA / Professional Banker exams. Ensure Personal Development Plans are in place and regularly reviewed.
• Conduct performance management review meetings with direct reports.
• Robust absence management and ensure short-term absence is within agreed levels.
• Deputise for Senior Manager as and when required.
Compliance, Risk and Control
• Adhere to the Central Bank Code of Conduct at all times.
• Ensure all mandatory training is completed within agreed timelines for self, direct reports and agents.
• Ensure all compliance related issues are fully documented and addressed.
• Ensure that the service team is fully compliant with industry standards and regulations at all times.
• Actively manage the risk and control agenda so that all standards are consistently met.
2. Competencies for your Role - how are you expected to behave?
We are ambitious with a strong desire to maximise opportunities and grow the business by delivering customer needs profitably and adopting new and innovative ways of working.
We continually strive to build trusting, transparent relationships with our customers and to deliver superior customer experiences.
Leadership & Change
We inspire, authentically lead and develop others with a compelling and passionate vision of the future underpinned by PTSB’s values.
High Performance Teams
We work in a collaborative and united manner with our teams and across the business to achieve the best possible outcomes for shareholders, customers and colleagues.
Within the boundaries of the Board-approved Risk Appetite, we are dedicated to following an integrated approach to Risk Management, to ensure that all risks faced by us are appropriately identified and managed.
We continuously strive to reduce complexity, waste and cost by improving efficiencies and delivering quality results in a timely manner
Accountability & Decision Making
We weigh up facts, consider alternatives and make timely, courageous and principled decisions. We take responsibility and hold ourselves and others accountable for decisions made.
Communication & Influencing
We have a strong positive effect on others through our open and straightforward communication and influencing styles. We communicate in a clear, uncomplicated, honest, compelling, well-thought out and structured way.
3. Technical Competences for your Role - what are you expected to know?
• Proven track record of managing a contact centre team (ideally with team leader / assistant manager direct reports)
• Proven track record in compliant performance
• Experience of customer engagement across social media channels (Twitter, Facebook and Web-chat)
2. Content/Technical Knowledge
• Knowledge and application of appropriate statistical analysis, particualry in respect of operational performance, productivity and efficiency
• Knowledge of contact centre telephony, technology and software
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
3. Further Expected Knowledge & Skills
• Strong organisational skills
• Successful applicants must commit to completing the QFA exams within 2 years
Applicants must have a minimum of 6 months in their current role prior to applying and have successfully passed probation.
We reserve the right to draw up a shortlist for interview.
Permanent TSB supports Equal Opportunity and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
To apply, e-mail your application directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is the 28th September 2018.