There`s never been a more exciting time to work at Bank of Ireland - we are currently going through an extraordinary period of transformation and growth. This transformation builds on our long standing tradition of being the trusted bank of choice for many customers in Ireland.
Purpose of the Role:
Direct is a new and growing channel and the Small Business & Agri Direct Lending Advisor roles will suit ambitious and motivated individuals who are looking to work in a professional, dynamic and fast paced environment.
In Direct Channels our ongoing focus is to ensure we address and meet the needs of our customers in a digital world - our customers are our number 1 priority. We have a great team working with us in the business that are key in looking after the needs of our customers and make us the successful business we are today - we want you to join our team!
• Manage all stages of the loan application process for Small Business & Agri customers via phone.
• Be a key member of the Small Business & Agri Lending Direct team and collaborate with colleagues to deliver a seamless, integrated and excellent service.
• Obtain all relevant credit information efficiently to enable sound decision making in relation to lending applications.
• Evaluate the credit information provided and submit applications with recommendation to Credit Underwriters.
• Keep up to date with credit policy, regulatory, operational and administrative procedures for your role and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements in all customer interactions.
• Minimum of 5 passes (minimum Grade D) in Ordinary Level Leaving Certificate subjects, including Maths and English, or equivalent or superseding qualification.
• This is an MCC role.
• QFA is the preferred qualification however candidates with APA Loans, Regulations and APA Savings and Investments will meet the MCC requirements of this role.
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Strong track record in preparing and submitting high quality credit applications and at least one year`s experience in Business and/or Agri Lending.
• Strong telephone and verbal communication skills.
• Candidates should also have significant experience in face to face or telephone lending.
• Strong customer focus and proven commitment to customer excellence standards at all times with the ability to engage small business owners and farmers in a collaborative conversation about their finances.
• Proven track record in Regulatory and Operational requirements.
• Self-motivated and energetic with drive and enthusiasm.
• Ability to work under time constraints and deliver to required deadlines.
Please note: A rotational shift pattern operates in Business Sales, currently between 8am and 8pm Monday to Saturday.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles will not be accepted for this role.
To apply, click on the link below.