Reporting directly to the Director of Customer Support the Forecasting and Planning Manager is responsible for working with multiple partners across eir Consumer & SMB business teams to deliver valuable insights that drive the forecasting process for the Operations Centres. This role is also responsible for developing capacity modelling to identify constraints and workforce management requirements in an effort to meet operations business plans/objectives. This position will work closely with the Customer Operations Managing Director and Operational site leaders to understand the strategic direction of the operation and how the forecasting and capacity planning process will support growth and overall performance.
The position must establish and maintain strong relationships that will allow an effective working relationship with all levels of employees & management from multiple departments and multiple sites.
• Working with multiple stakeholders across eir Consumer & SMB retail business lines to ensure that the performance of the forecast and inputs for forecasting are delivered for each line of business within SLA on a daily, weekly, monthly basis etc. ( 90, 60, 30 days)
• Collaborate with Workforce Management (WFM) team to forecast contact volumes, handle times, and staffing requirements for Sales, Service (Care & Technical), Customer Loyalty and Collection Contact Centres for Voice and Chat.
• Lead capacity support meetings – hiring plans, inventory review, and short-term touch points – leveraging capacity knowledge to bring any thoughts, concerns or recommendations to the table; challenge, when appropriate.
• Working with the WFM team to conduct analysis on the impact to service level performance by making adjustments to agent schedules ensuring adequate resource coverage
• Work with Operations to identify volume trends and work force requirements to meet the business objectives.
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of long term staffing and hiring plans in support of SLAs, while working with our Contact Center and HR teams to ensure short term goals are met
• Improve workflow processes and suggest opportunities for increased efficiency through trend analysis
• Complete monthly production cycle and analysis – reviewing and trending actuals; analysing historical data and applying decision making skills to generate the most appropriate staffing forecast (takes into consideration excess/shortfall results and how best to leverage these to maximize financial position for the organization.
• Support periodic capacity planning reengineering projects – improve existing models to allow for more effective business decisions regarding overall capacity; leverage business knowledge and relationships with functional leads to provide recommendations on how best to improve modelling capabilities.
• Lead monthly operating reviews with functional leads and other key matrix partners – communicate monthly results and the respective impact to the forecast; review recommendations on how best to utilize excess/shortfall positions and provide recommendations on adjustments needed to the forecast.
• Evaluate workforce efficiency providing recommendations to the management team to achieve specific call center goals in our pursuit to provide world class customer service
• Requires solution-based strategic thinking to enable the business to operate as lean as possible without sacrificing quality or risking metric results
• Support our change management process and work with Product/Propositions and Loyalty etc. teams to ensure all change events are accounted for in forecasting process
• Perform ad-hoc analyses to respond to capacity-related questions from matrix partners.
• Participate in recurring team meetings and 1x1s
• Peer lead and share best practices with other members of the team, mentor more junior level peers
• 5-7 years of relevant operations forecasting and capacity planning experience
• Experience with WFM software (Genesys /Blue Pumpkin, IEX, eWFM, etc.)
• Familiarity with analytical techniques, including trend analysis, forecasting, and experiment design.
• Demonstrated business acumen
• Strong analytical skills
• Proven communication and collaboration skills; willingness to take the initiative to contribute beyond basic responsibilities.
• Presentation experience with G Suite/executive management
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to work autonomously and make critical decisions independently.
• SQL experience a plus
• BA or BSc in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Statistics or other related field preferred
• Forecasting Results Output
• Capacity planning
• MIS Reporting
• Operational KPI’s
• Functional/Technical Skills:
• Customer Focus
• Problem Solving
• Driver of Results
• Business Focus
• Influencing and Winning commitment
• Time Management
• Decision Quality
Line Manager: Director of Customer Operations Support
To apply, send your CV to Gbutler@morganmckinley.ie