Pepper in Ireland is part of the Pepper Group, a diversified, global financial services business. Pepper Group focuses on three key disciplines across the residential and commercial property sectors: Lending, Advisory and Asset Management. Pepper Group is headquartered in Australia, where it has been operating since 2001.
Pepper Ireland provides a range of end-to-end asset management, loan servicing and advisory services to organisations, including Irish and international financial institutions, wholesale funding institutions and loan originators, as well as Irish and international investors.
Pepper Ireland is a leading asset manager and provider of third-party loan and advisory services. Established in September 2012, the company has operations in Dublin and Shannon, employing over 400 people.
About this Role:
The key purpose of the Operations Manager is to deliver all aspects of business processes, efficiencies and performance analysis to drive operations teams to meet or exceed goals/objectives. The Operations Manager will work closely with Senior Management who have the responsibility for strategic planning, development and implementation in order to achieve business goals.
- Strategy and Planning:
- Support the design and implementation of Pepper’s vision, operational strategy, and business plan to ensure delivery of excellent customer experience.
- Consistent achievement of required quality assurance standard, and attainment of the productivity, financial, and staffing objectives of the Residential Mortgages Team.
- Actively support key operational projects, drive change management and promote same within team.
- Lead monthly Clients Meetings ensuring information for operational review is available, accurate and presented as required.
- Take ownership for root cause analysis and resolution of service point failures, including customer complaints
- Champion recommendations and define system, process and business requirements concerning revisions to business workflow, technology or procedures.
- Create and implement strategies to ensure Operational Teams are meeting monthly/quarterly goals and objectives
- Processes and Procedures:
- Support recommendations for development and regular revision of operational policies, procedures, training and education.
- Identify and implement changes to enhance operational efficiency.
- Work with teams to design, maintain, and monitor metrics that assess the Operational performance of departments
- Regulation and Operational Risk:
- Manage regulatory compliance impacts due to changes in relevant codes and legislation
- Work with Operational Risk and Compliance to ensure that individuals and teams comply with all regulatory and legal requirements; including the principles of Treating the Customer Fairly
- Capacity and Budgets:
- Manage budget and resources as required to ensure operational success
- Support a high level of organizational communication and business awareness concerning strategies, projects, and operational improvement initiatives
- Lead diverse groups of team members to ensure individual and team goals are understood and delivered.
- Be accountable for building and maintaining relationships with key departments such as Risk and Compliance, IT, Finance and Quality Assurance to help strengthen and maintain effectiveness of operational controls within the department
- Provide regular, ongoing verbal and written performance feedback
- Key Performance Indicators:
- Accuracy, Quality and turnaround times for instructions up-dated in the system
- Adherence to Service Level Agreements
- Measured by relevance, accuracy and timeliness of reports
- Customer Feedback
- Measured by team results against individual and group targets
- Skills and Experience:
- APA in Housing Loans (essential)
- Degree in Business or Finance (desirable)
- Financial Services Regulation Knowledge
- Experience in Mortgage Banking Operations in a progressively responsible leadership role
- Experience in a strong customer focus orientated environment
- Experience in consistent delivery of client targets, contracted service levels and governance, risk and compliance (GRC) alerts actioned as required
- IT Knowledge
- Operations Practice Knowledge
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Influencing/ Persuasion and Negotiation Skills
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Leadership, Direction and Goals
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Ability to influence decision making throughout various organisational levels
- Collaborate decision marker
- Recognised commercial acumen and ability to assess opportunities
- Proven managerial and supervisory experience
- Extensive technical knowledge of operations practices
- Demonstrated experience in leading organisational transformation and change management
Pepper is an equal opportunities employer
For more information or to apply email firstname.lastname@example.org